Tuesday 17 February 2015

Spending My Weekend At Robertson Quay

I’m a fan of staycations. I can’t help it that I just absolutely love to get away from all that crazy work after a long work week.

So for this time, I decided to escape to Studio M Hotel Singapore.


I did some research and found out that they specialize in loft-style rooms. Very different from your standard hotel rooms. There are 2 stories in each room. Stayed at the Studio Loft. Well, I didn’t need such a big room for myself.

The room at a glance.

The view from upper level.


There is a couch and desk at the upper level. Perfect for work and of course, gaming. Because that’s what I did, ended up playing “Theme Hospital” up here. :p

The whole concept of the loft-style room is so romantic, perfect for a couple. Not so much for family with children though. The children may hurt themselves on the edges while running up and down those steps.

Had to take a picture with the beautiful backdrop and lights. Everything feels so romantic.

The toilet and shower are separate so the sink and toiletries are placed just below the steps. (Spot me!)

The most important aspect of any room has got to be the bed. So I had to give it a try!


I literally sank into the bed when I lied on it! It was so comfy! The bed was the thing I missed the most when I had to check out. I was contemplating of stealing it but alas, it was too big.

The next thing that I had to check out was the amenities provided in the room.

The hotel provides standard amenities but they didn’t provide comb. I called up the front desk and requested for one. They came up to my room within minutes with one! So efficient!

I had free lollipops!

And free wine!

I spent the rest of the day exploring Robertson Quay, which is right next to the hotel. It is LITERALLY at the hotel’s doorsteps.

Walked over to Sandra Riley Tang’s yoga studio, The Yoga Co. at Mohammad Sultan for a short chit chat and then to back to Robertson Quay for dinner.

I had the best grilled beef in my entire life. Okay, maybe not my entire life but got to be one of the best that I’ve tried thus far, Aburiya at Robertson Quay.


This is the best. Wagyu Jo Karubi. You got to order this when you visit this restaurant. It costs $29.90 and is enough to feed a person or two if you eat it with rice.

More pictures to make you jealous…

And hungry…

Because I can! LOL

After I was done with all that meat, I went back to the hotel and comatose. Yes, weekend getaways are meant to be spent like that.

Woke up early the very next morning for more food. I’m definitely doing good with my “PUT ON WEIGHT OR I’M GOING TO DISAPPEAR SOON” plan.

The wide variety of food for breakfast. Totally spoilt for choices.


Take café is situated on the same level as the pool and gym. So you can bring your breakfast out here and enjoy the beautiful scenery and beautiful people. It definitely made my morning better because I’m so not a morning person.

I didn’t bring my swimwear so I couldn’t take a dip in the pool but at least my feet did!

I’ve been to many hotels, both locally and internationally and I got to say, Studio M Hotel is definitely one of the more interesting ones. It’s perfect for couple staycation and work trips. I actually bumped into a friend during breakfast and he was there on staycation with his fiancée. He told me how much he loved the room and yes, the comfy bed.

This may sound silly but I am sure all of you experienced this. I am super happy with the hot showers in the hotel. You know how many hotels have this problem when the water temperature fluctuates while you’re showering? It drives me insane. One moment I’ll be enjoying my shower and the next, I’ll be screaming from either cold water or super hot water. The water temperature was stable at Studio M Hotel and I didn’t have to wait for the water to heat up. The moment I turned on the shower, the water was already hot. Absolutely lovely.

Will I be back at Studio M Hotel? Definitely. Love the location.

If you are interested to book a room or find out more about their rooms, you can head over to their website (http://bit.ly/studiomhotelsg) or Facebook page (http://on.fb.me/1zKBWB6) for more updates!

1 comment:

  1. Really useful information thanks for sharing.
    Searching for best resorts near Karjat, Khopoli? Then Monteria is the best
    resort where the luxury meets adventure. Call @ +91 7744023126/24.
    weekend getaways

    ReplyDelete