Monday 21 July 2014

Nivea Extra Whitening Range

The weather in Singapore has been so hot and sunny recently, it’s killing me. To the point that I wish it would rain even when I’m outdoors. Though the warm weather makes me perspire like crazy, I got to admit it’s the best weather for a shoot as sunlight is the best natural lighting for videos.

While shooting, the Tree Potatoes team will curse and swear at whoever causes a NG. More NGs = More time out in the sun = super sian.

People often ask me how I maintain my radiant complexion despite my hectic filming schedule and numerous outdoor shoots. Well, I have been using numerous whitening products and recently I got my hands on Nivea’s Extra Whitening Range.

I’m sure every girl has heard of the Nivea brand, it’s one of the earliest skincare brands that I was exposed to! I have always been using their products actually. Always found their products to be effective and value for money.


This range is very comprehensive with 8 products: 2 types of cleansers, toner, day serum, day cream, night cream, scrub and a paper mask (use in this sequence for optimum results!). I personally use the following steps: Mud Foam, Scrub, Day Serum and Night Cream.


All the products in this range contains PEARLY WHITE which has been proven by studies to be 10X more effective in lightening the skin tone than Vitamin C*.

This range is pretty interesting. It not only helps lighten your skin tone, it also minimizes the appearance of pores, making it very suitable for people with acne prone skin and frequent makeup users. (People like me!)


Nivea Extra Whitening Range do not contain AHA/BHA which are chemicals often found in exfoliators. These chemicals do help to effectively remove dead skin, unclog pores and brighten your skin tone but it inevitably thins your skin, which may result in redness on sensitive skin.

Instead, my favourite Mud Foam contains gentle ingredients such as pearly white complex and volcanic clay to brighten skin tone and remove main culprits for acne and large pores like oil, powder and sunscreen residue.



To me, a good complexion is one that is radiant and clear.  I’m really pleased that my skin looks clearer and fairer in just 7 days after using the Nivea Extra Whitening Range. My makeup stays on better too!


Nivea Singapore is giving away 10 Nivea hampers worth $120 each + exclusive Nivea pouch + 6 months digital subscription of Cosmpolitan Magazine to 10 lucky girls!


All you need to do to win is post a selfie on Instagram and include a description of your skin aspiration eg. “I want to have beautiful and radiant skin!” Don’t forget to make sure that your Instagram account is public, and include the hashtags: #niveasg #niveaselfie #cosmosg.

Contest ends 31st August 2014 and winners will be announced on Instagram @Gushcloud_SG. So do hurry and share your skin aspirations before the contest ends!

"Cosmopolitan Singapore aims to provide the Singaporean woman with what she needs to live life as a fun, fearless, fabulous person. More than print and paper, Cosmopolitan is a complete lifestyle experience, engaging readers with topics on fashion, beauty, body, relationships and life."

Link: http://cosmopolitan.sg
*In vitro study of 4 butylrescorcinol (Pearly White)by Beiersdorf Germany.

1 comment: