Monday 3 June 2013

Acting VS. Reality

Look at the number of pills I have to pop! OMG! 

Since I am home today due to sick leave, I shall write another post.

As some of you may have known, Wah!Banana recently collaborated with YouTubers from Malaysia and Singapore such as DanKhoo Productions, Joseph Germani and N.O.C - Night Owl Cinematics to produce an extremely cool and interactive video.

Watch it here if you haven't! You can choose not to save me, I won't get upset. But of course, why won't you save me, right? LOL. Kidding. :D 
(Oh yes, by the way you need to actually click on the annotations to watch the different endings if you didn't realize that.) 


I was reading some of the comments that were posted about the video as I always do for all of our videos. And I realized that some people fail to differentiate between acting and reality. It's simple, really. What you see in the video is known as ACTING.

As explained by the Oxford Dictionary:

noun

[mass noun]
  • the art or occupation of performing FICTIONAL roles in plays, films, or television

It's FICTIONAL. It's not real. It's fake.

In scenes whereby I am being portrayed as naked, people truly believed that I was walking around on set without my clothes on. Or scenes whereby it seems that Aaron and I were being intimate, people believed that we were really having sex. Or scenes whereby I am acting as a couple with either Elliot or Aaron, people believed that we are a couple. REALLY?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

The classic scene of Aaron and I acting intimate in 20 Ways to Break Up.

Hence, I wish to emphasize here that what you see on screen; regardless it being on TV, YouTube, Cinema etc, they are usually fictional unless stated otherwise. And I truly think that it is to your benefit that you do not believe everything you see or hear on the media. Always question and think. Yes, thinking is actually good for you.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha dun get too upset. Most keyboard warriors dun think before they speak/type de lar. Keep up the gd work, and hope u get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people fantasize too much. Haha. It's part of the fun. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and the wahbanana group have made me laugh many stressful times!

    Thanks and keep up the good work.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete