Friday 14 June 2013

Best App Ever

So I was just browsing Facebook a while back and I came across this incredibly entertaining video posted by my friend.



This video is actually an ad to promote Durex's latest iPhone app. My initial reaction was disbelief. Seriously?! A condom delivery app?! I thought it was just a joke. But curiosity got the better of me and I decided to go check it out at the app store. And this is what I found:




OH MY GOD! It's real! So apparently this is how it works, you identify your location and then select the product you want. It will then be delivered to you within an hour. How innovative is that?! It's like ordering MacDonalds! 24 hours delivery even! *Only available in Dubai*

No, in case you're wondering if I'm promoting Durex or condoms. I just found this marketing strategy really interesting. I always admire the marketing teams of companies that sells products which are not so socially accepted such as condoms and sanitary pads. It's really tough for them but many have created awesome ads such as this:



A good marketing team can make an all right product seem god-like and influence public's perception of it. The power of marketing. Never underestimate it. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your concern about Buzzman work !

    We enjoy seeing people blogging about our campaigns all over the world. ^^

    The Durex app started with a joke we had at our offices in Paris, but then the client found it interesting and Dubaï served as a test area. The service was available 7 days a week and only between 4pm and 4am.
    As a viral/social media oriented campaign, the goal was to empower people to decide how to develop the service by selecting the next cities to deploy... Unfortunately this story came to an end when we been trolled ourselves. ^^'
    http://www.zdnet.com/durex-sos-condoms-go-flaccid-over-batman-7000016597/

    You never know where Internet can lead you !
    We wish you the best with your blog/vlogging activities.

    Take Care,
    Buzzman Teams

    ReplyDelete