Saturday 8 June 2013

LoL 2nd Anniversary

As some of you may know, I am currently working in Garena Singapore, an online gaming publisher. People often mistook me as a GM (game master), honestly I can't really blame them. This is a common misconception that everyone who works at a gaming company is a GM. There are many other things that one can do in gaming company such as finance, management, operations etc.


The crazy crowd at Bugis+.


Cosplayers Lulu and Annie. 


Anyway that's not the main topic for my post today. I was at the Garena LoL 2nd Anniversary held at Bugis+ yesterday. And THE CROWD WAS INSANE. More than 5,000 people registered for the freebies, way more than the Garena Carnival which is supposed to be the biggest annual Garena event. Totally unexpected. Like what the Garena Stadium manager said, it was like attending the IT Fair. We had expected a decent crowd but not THIS MANY PEOPLE. This goes to show that despite being in Singapore for only 2 years, League of Legends has really gained a large following.


Sad that I can't join the fun because I'm stuck in the production room. 


Even though I may be a familiar face on YouTube, I am actually quite shy. I was trying to hide from the crowd the entire day. Okay, that's a lie. I was actually in charged of the productions so I was in the production room almost throughout the entire event, controlling what goes on and off the screens.

Many of you came by to take pictures with Aaron and me which was totally cool. We were happy to know that so many of you enjoy and love our videos. It inspires us to make better videos in future. I am perfectly fine with people coming forward to ask for pictures and autographs but I am kind of creeped out by people who just stands around and gawk. Really, it's very creepy. Or people who walk passed me and just shout "Foxy!" and when I turned around, I have no idea who just called me. Is this a game? Because it's not fun and I don't want to play this game. Be cool and come up to say hi. We don't bite.

1 comment: